Monday, November 17, 2008

Verizon Franchise approved - FiOS TV is available in Yorktown!

The Verizon franchise agreement was apparently approved on Wednesday because I got the following note from a co-worker who has been anxiously waiting for FiOS TV to become available:

FIOS TV showed up on Friday as available at my address. I've been getting flyers for a $94.99 bundle.....

So, Saturday morning I was able to order that $94.99 package (HD extreme TV, FIOS 20/5, phone). The deal they offered included the HD set top box and an additional $10 off - with taxes the rep estimated it would cost $105 per month for the first year. Also, he said verizon was about to switch over to all digital telephone service (apparently the service provided now is conventional POTS) and that that would reduce the taxes and add a lot of features. Installation is scheduled for 11/26....I'll let you know how that goes. It should be relatively quick, as most of the pieces are already set up.

No comments: